Eerie Edibles: Top Five Haunting Halloween Dishes
1. HALLOWEEN CHAR'BOO'TERIE BOARD
This platter offers a delightful way to nibble on goodies during a spooky movie marathon, while distributing sweets to little goblins, or at a Halloween bash! We've assembled an array of cheeses, kid-friendly munchies, and a whole lot more!
170 grams of cheddar
Chocolate covered pretzels/almonds
White or semi-sweet chocolate for melting
Crackers, for serving
1. Mandarin 'Pumpkins': Cut a small 'x' in the mandarin. Place a small 1 inch piece of celery in the 'x' and gently push down so that it goes through
2. Franken-Kiwis + Shocked Peppers: 'Pumpkins': Cut the kiwi in half. Use a paring knife to score where you'd like the 'hair line' to be. Then use a peeler or a paring knife to peel away the rest. Add a small squeeze of chocolate for the eyes and mouth as you'd like. Pat the peppers dry, add a squeeze of chocolate for the eyes, add candy eyes, and mouth.
3. Cheese: Cut the cheese using ghost, pumpkin, or bat shapes. If the cheese is white, I like to put a dark colored fruit below, then place the cheese on top. Place cheeses on your board. Add fresh or faux pumpkins or a skull.
4. Add The Fun Stuff: Add cauldrons full of olives, chocolate covered almonds, place the guacamole on the board along with all the prepared kiwi, peppers, and mandarins.
5. Fill The Board: Scatter the board with caramel corn, chocolate covered pretzels, dried apricots, pistachios, and an assortment of crackers.
Discover the full recipie via Little Spice Tap to View!
2. HALLOWEEN MONSTER BURGERS
Unleash your inner ghoul this Halloween with our delectably eerie Monster Burgers! These aren't ordinary burgers; they're crafted with a creepy twist. Juicy beef patties are paired with 'fangs' and 'watchful' olive eyes, perfect for any Halloween festivity. Ready for a spine-tingling treat? Here's how to whip them up!"
450 grams of beef mince
1 tbsp mayonnaise
Burger Monster Filling
4 hamburger buns
Olive Oil for cooking & Toothpicks for Eyes
1. Making burger patties: In a mixing bowl, combine ground beef, salt, pepper, thyme, egg and breadcrumbs. Using your hands or fork, mix thoroughly. You want to distribute the seasoning as evenly as possible.
2. Divide into 4 equally-looking pieces. Roll them into balls and place onto a tray lined with baking parchment. Press down until you get large and thin patties. Press each in the middle to make a slight dent.
3. Heat oil in a large skillet, place patties in and cook to your preferred doneness, about 3-4 minutes per side (see note 4). You can also grill them or oven-bake.
4. Mayo sauce: In a small bowl, mix together mayo and ketchup
5. Assembling monster burgers: Take a bun base, spread with about a tablespoons of mayo sauce, lettuce, cooked burger.
6. Top with a slice of dill pickle and a slice of cheese that you have cut some triangles out so it looks like teeth. Spread about a tablespoon of ketchup over (to resemble "blood") and cover with bun.
7. Stick 2 large green olives onto 2 toothpicks and stick these into the bun.
Discover on via Happy Foods Tube. Tap to View!
3. HALLOWEEN PIZZA PUMPKIN BOMBSGet ready to detonate taste buds this Halloween with our spellbinding Pizza Bombs! Filled with a hauntingly delicious combination of mozzarella, ham, and pepperoni, these little wonders are wrapped and tied, ensuring an explosion of flavors with every bite. Perfect for Halloween gatherings or a spine-tingling treat for the family, these Pizza Bombs, complete with their pretzel stems, promise a monstrously tasty surprise. Here's the magic spell to concoct them!
- In a bowl, combine mozzarella, ham, peperoni, and optional sliced olives. Mix together and set aside
- Roll out a sheet of pizza dough Cut into 6 portions. Roll each portion into a ball and flatten .
- Scoop your filling into the center. Pull up the sides of your dough and pinch at the top creating a tight seal. Make sure there are no holes or the cheese will seep through.
- Cut 3 pieces of butchers twine. Lay it down in a star shape then place your pizza bomb in the center, seam side down. Bring up your twine and double knot at the top. Snip off any excess twine then place your pizza bombs on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Brush on some butter and bake in 400°F oven for 16 minutes.
- Carve a baby pumpkin and add in a bowl to hold the sauce.
- Once pizza bombs are slightly cooled, snip off the twine and discard.
- Use twisted pretzels cut in half for the stems.
- If makingahead of time, simply reheat in a 350°F oven for 10 minutes.
4. MUMMY MILK BUNSThese soft, milky buns are not only delightful to eat but are also decked out in mummy attire, making them the perfect companions for your spooky season festivities. With candy eyes peeking through their white wrappings, these buns are bound to be the star attraction at your Halloween table. Ready to embark on this culinary journey to ancient Egypt? Here's how to craft these adorable mummies!
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, yeast, milk, condensed milk, Cover and let sit for 20mins. Then add the soften butter, mix until the dough comes together. Transfer dough to counter top and knead until smooth, about 10 - 12 mins. Cover and let let proof for 1 hour until doubled in size.
- Divide dough into 8, rolled into balls. Attach balls together (45g/head, 35g/body, 2g/arm) Cover and let rise until doubled in size.
- For the decoration, combine 45g flour 40g water and 2 drops of white food coloring. Fill in piping bag, Pipe haphazard lines across each buns.
- Bake at 170c for 15 -18 minutes or until golden brown. Add two candy eyeballs to each mummy,. Enjoy!
Watch Mei Yee make the Mummy Milk Buns via Instagram Tap to View!
5. RICE CRISPIE MUMMIES
Delve into a delightful crunch with our Halloween Rice Crispie Mummies! These tantalizing treats bring together the beloved crispy texture with a hauntingly sweet twist. Draped in white chocolate, they're a fun and festive addition to your Halloween spread. Whether you're throwing a ghostly gala or simply seeking a sweet scare, these Rice Crispie Mummies are your go-to. Here’s how to conjure them up
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and stir until well coated.
- Transfer mixture into a prepared pan, using a spatula to press and smooth the top.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting (Best if served the same day)
- Decorate the Rice Krispies Treats with white chocolate. Enjoy!
Watch Mei Yee in the kitchen making them via Instagram Tap to View!